
The girls have been begging since before Thanksgiving to put up the Christmas decorations. I've made them wait, because I can't stand anything Chrismtas until AFTER Thanksgiving. Let Thanksgiving have it's own sacred time, for crying out loud! And I here's another confession: I have a love/hate relationship with Christmas decorations. They're pretty and festive and make things seem cozy. That's what I love about them. But when they're in my house and I have to live with them day after day, they just seem cluttery. And I tend to be on the "minimalist" side when it comes to decorating for anything. Anyway, I put the girls off till tonight - we started decorating for Family Home Evening. In preparation, I took down most of our "normal" decorations, dusted, vacuumed, etc. All day, I kept looking around my "naked" house with adoration. I just love a naked house! So simple, so clean, ahhhhh.... And then out came the boxes and the decorations and things that are sentimental. So I have mixed emotions as I look around my house tonight. I love the soft glow of the lights on the Christmas tree, in our Christmas village, and in the girls' windows. And I love looking at the decorations that bring memories of my own childhood as well as memories for my girls. But...I also can't wait till January so I can have my naked house back!!









No comments:
Post a Comment