Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First Day for Two

Yesterday was a big day for both Kasidee and me. It was the first day of preschool! I normally would have waited till Kasidee was 4 to put her in preschool, but since I'm the teacher, she's lucky to be able to go now! And she's ready. She watches her sisters go to school and she misses them all day - so it's good that she can go to school as well!

Yesterday was also my first day teaching preschool in our house (remember, I taught last year at another preschool). I was a little bit nervous but once it started things seemed to go smoothly. I already can tell this is a good group of kids and I'm excited to be able to teach them (hopefully!) and watch them grow. Some people look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them I'm doing a preschool. I admit that even just one of my own kids can drive me crazy and make me want to pull my hair out. But preschool is different than the craziness of home life and it's different than having my girls' friends over to play, where they go from room to room and in and out, making messes and noise in their path. This is structured, it's fun, there's a purpose, and I'm glad to be doing it. Especially since my Kasidee gets to be with me!



1 comment:

Aim Aug said...

YAY! Sounds like you had a good first day. Kay is doing 3 year old preschool two days a week. I love it. She gets to be with her peers, learn lots of fun things and have experiences she wouldn't get just being at home with me. I've been a little worried about her language skills because she hasn't been talking much. Since she started school, we've seen so much improvement. Love, love, love preschool! So excited for you Kellie!