Does anyone else hate school picture day? I hate it for 3 reasons:
1. Because my girls think school picture day is a day to go all-out on their clothes and hair. I think one year Makenna wanted to wear her Christmas dress. This year she wore a cute shirt and some cute capri's - I thought we were safe until she insisted on adding a polka dot scarf, which totally didn't match. Then, she wanted braids, a headband, and one of those stretchy crocheted hats. All together. I told her I wasn't sure, but there might be a rule about no hats for picture day. She told me she thought I was making that up. But I convinced her to show her pretty hair off with just braids.
2. Because once we get hair and clothes perfect and carefully walk to school (no bike riding today!), I know that somewhere in the 20 minutes between when school starts and the picture is taken, their ponytails will be lopsided, their shirts will have a stain on the front, and they'll have blue teeth from eating some weird candy that came from who knows where.
3. Because they charge a ridiculous amount for a forced-smile, dinky picture. Oh, of course I think every picture of my girls is beautiful and priceless. But I am not going to spend 12 to 20 (or more!) bucks for a dinky little picture when I could take a much better one for free.
There. I'm done venting. Erg. And who knows - I'll probably end up buying the pictures anyway!!
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









4 comments:
Don't give in! I'm sure the hideously ugly backdrop that they usually use will help you make up your mind! Can you tell I hate school pictures too! I've NEVER bought them!
In the "olden days," I would not tell my Mom when it was picture day or she would give me a home perm the day before.
In my pics, I always looked frizzy and unhappy!!!
At our school they do PTA sign ups, t-shirt/spirit sleeve sales, cookie dough fundraiser, happenings books, and the school picture day fundraiser within a month. I can't afford all this school spirit!
I had no idea! I was lucky my kids even reminded me two minutes before they left that it was picture day so I could comb their hair at the last minute and make sure they picked out a nice shirt to wear. I only buy the class pictures. I hate it when they send the whole packet home and I have to send it back untouched for them to trash. No wonder it's so expensive.
Post a Comment