Sunday, June 13, 2010

Kids Say the Darndest....

Just a few things my kids have said lately that have given me a chuckle....

Kiera and Makenna each got a little brownie at Primary last week. Since Kasidee is in nursery, she didn't get one. She kept saying, “Where’s MY Charlie Brown?”

Kasidee will point to something and say, “What is this is?”

One day Kasidee was counting (I’m amazed that she can count to about 25 almost perfectly) and she said, “Twenty eleventeen.”)

If Kasidee does or doesn't want to do something, she says she's tired - if she wants me to carry her, she says her knees are tired. If she wants to lay down, she says her neck is tired. And if she doesn't want to eat, she says her tummy is tired.

Kiera was playing with her Webkinz Whale when she told me that her whale was not feeling good. I asked her what was wrong and she quietly said, “She’s seasick.”

One day when Makenna was complaining that a friend wasn’t being very nice to her, Kiera said, “You know, I think when someone hasn't been baptized yet, they sometimes just need one last long bad attitude.”

One evening when Kasidee was whining for a drink of water and I told her to wait just a minute because I was in the middle of doing something, Makenna piped up: “Kasidee, sometimes you have to be patient for things and wait and get them at the right time. Like a dog. We’re waiting for the right dog and the right time……. Which means never.”

Today Makenna went up to Quentin and said, "Daddy, has anyone ever called you the F-word?" Quentin and I looked at each other, mortified. Quentin carefully said, "Well, no. That is a horrible thing to say. We never say that word." Makenna said, "Well, I thought maybe someone would have called you the F-word when you were little." Not knowing quite what to say, we let her continue. She said, "You know, FOUR-EYES. The F-word. Since you have glasses, I thought people would have called you the F-word."

2 comments:

Katie said...

lol ;)

amy said...

my kids heard about the 'f-word' and said that they knew a swear word...that swear word being "f-word" - to them it sounded like "affward" so they didn't get that it was a word that started with F. that's fine by me!