

Today was the day we've been waiting for for a looooonnnng time! After 14 weeks of watching our little, dark, messy and dirty "extra storage room" begin to slowly take shape into a bright, "real" room, we finally got to paint!! It has been so fun watching this little room take shape and see each stage of the process. And painting was just so fun - it made the room feel like a real room!
Priming took us 5 hours (!), but the second coat of primer only took 2 hours. We were able to get a coat of real paint on in a little over 2 hours, but then the day was pretty much done. (We ran to Home Depot a couple of times, we paused a bit for Quentin to do some work with his calling, etc.) We'll get to the second coat of paint, the ceiling paint and all the little touchups on Monday. Oh, and all the extra little finishing touches. Carpet will be laid on Friday. Yay!
After priming and the room was all white, I was tempted to leave it white - it was so bright and clean-looking. But Quentin and I are both very happy with the paint color we chose. I wanted something sort of light for the preschool and Quentin wanted something sort of dark for the theater. After viewing and debating hundreds of shades, we found a compromise - something in between what each of us preferred - and it's just perfect. I'm posting a couple of pictures of the priming phase - we're going to make you wait till next weekend for the "After" pictures of the room!









2 comments:
It looks just beautiful!
What a rewarding (and tedious)
job it has been.
You will all enjoy it so much!!!!
oh how rude. I am so excited to see the paint color.
You have done awesome. What a project!! Fun.
Post a Comment