
I don't know why the last day of school is sometimes just as emotional as the first day of school. Maybe it's because it signals the end of a stage of life. Mabye it's because when we know something is coming to an end, it's hard to say goodbye to the good times and the fun memories. Kiera and Makenna have both shed a few tears because they will miss their teachers so much. They've said this year has been the best ever! I'm a little sad too, because I want to keep my kids little forever!
But summertime is such a fun time. I usually panic a little a couple of weeks before the end of school - I worry that my kids will be bored or that they'll get tired of being around each other so much or that I'll be constantly running around the house, tired of the messes and the noise....
And then I have them home and remember just how much I LOVE having them home with me. There's nothing more peaceful than a "Mother Hen" having her "Chicks" all around her.
We celebrated the end of the year by hanging out with some neighbor friends, buying cotton candy from a neighbor on our walk home from school, going through papers and handmade books, and watching DVDs full of friends and memories....









1 comment:
Savor and enjoy this time with your "chicks"!
Someday, you will look back and see this time as the happiest time of your life!!!
It will go way too fast.
Post a Comment