
I think being a blogger makes me more aware of things I want to share with family and friends. Although I may come across as "quiet" to some of my friends, I do in fact have an opinion on most things. I just usually keep those opinions to myself most of the time. But blogging gives me an "out" to share things that I normally wouldn't bring up to someone I'm chatting to.
So...I just have to say that I love, love, love the cookies at Smith's Marketplace. Not all of their cookies - I'm particularly in love with their "Soft Top" cookies (there's Lemon, Pumpkin, Apple Cinnamon, Cranberry Orange, Banana Nut, and maybe one other one that I can't remember). They're big and cakey. Oh, yummy!
And what's even cooler is they are vegan - not just vegetarian, but vegan! Not that I'm vegan per say, but I do like to try to "do vegan" if I possibly can. Cookies are hard to make without eggs or butter/margarine, but I have found a few recipes that we love. But Smith's cookies are vegan without even trying to be! Instead of butter or margarine, they use soybean oil. How great is that?! And no eggs at all, not even those nasty "powdered eggs." Granted, a cookie is a cookie, and these are by no means healthy. The first ingredient listed is sugar. And there's white flour and corn syrup and potassium sorbate, among other things. But I love the fact that they're vegan. And they're yummy. And they're a great treat for when I'm not in the mood to make my own!









2 comments:
The pumpkin are my very favorite!
Yummo! I love the lemon and cranberry orange.
I want their recipes!
Post a Comment