Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Recital





On Monday, Kiera had a "Spring Piano Recital." She was so excited! She chose to play "Zip-A-Dee Doo Dah" and had it memorized. She'll also play it at the class talent show on Thursday. I'm just so thrilled that she loves playing the piano as much as she does. It's very rare that I have to remind her to practice - she usually does it on her own and is excited about it. Even though it's been a long time since I had piano lessons, I can honestly say it is a "skill" that has blessed my life in so many ways. I love being able to read music, even if it's just trying out the alto or tenor line in a hymn. And it's fun to be able to play a song for the girls and I to sing to or listen to. Even though I HATE to play the piano in public, I'm glad I know how to play. And I'm glad my girls have shown a love for music and piano too!

To celebrate after the recital, we thought about going out for ice cream but it was a little chilly. So we told the girls they could pick out a treat at Smith's Marketplace. As we were looking around trying to decide, we realized we were all actually hungry for some real food - so we went to Old Spaghetti Factory for a late-ish dinner. (And we still got spumoni ice cream for dessert!)

No comments: