Thursday, May 20, 2010

Field Trip to Garlick's Farm

This morning, Kasidee and I were able to join Makenna and her class on a field trip! We walked just a couple of blocks to Garlick's Farm, where they have cows, horses, goats, sheep, chickens, turkeys, bunnies, ducks, dogs and cats - all in their backyard! Makenna, such a big animal lover, was very hesitant to pet any of the animals at first. She was happy to observe from a distance. But she finally got brave enough to pet a 3-day-old goat, hold a baby chick, and hold a little kitten. I think she was in heaven then - that's all I've heard her talk about this whole day!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When Jack got home from school he said "Mom you should have come with me on my field trip". I felt sooo bad and wished I had gone.
Good job!!!

Kris said...

Yea Makenna! First Aunt Rosanne's doggie and now baby goats, chicks and kittens. You are so caring and cute.
Love you!