Quentin and I knew our kids would be doomed. I got glasses when I was in fifth grade, and Quentin was only in first grade when he got his, so we knew that our offspring would most likely have the same issues. Sure enough - after the school nurse tested the student's eyes, we got a note saying she recommend we get Kiera tested by an eye care professional. Yesterday was the day, and Kiera was so excited to find out that she does indeed need glasses. She tried on glasses for about an hour and narrowed her choices down to 5. Actually, she knew which one was her favorite - a gold, wire-rimmed pair with a "cheetah" pattern on the sides. She thought they looked like princess glasses, but Quentin and I thought they looked a little Grandma-ish. We wanted her to pick out ones she loved and we didn't want to sway her, but we were nervous that she would quickly get tired of those glasses. With the help of one of the staff members, Kiera soon changed her mind about the Grandma glasses, but still wasn't convinced about any other pair. Then the lady helping us said she just got in a pair but hadn't put them out. She brought them out, Kiera tried them on, and Kiera instantly fell in love with them - and I have to admit they were the cutest ones she had tried. She said, "I HAVE to have these glasses!" She was so excited and can't wait until she gets them next week!
THE MODERN, COMPUTERIZED EYE TEST

THE MANUAL TEST

SEEING ONE OF THE EYE DOCS

TRYING OUT ONE OF ABOUT 400 PAIRS OF GLASSES . . .

HERE'S THE NEW SPECS - WE'LL WAIT TILL SHE GETS THEM TO SHOW YOU HOW SHE LOOKS WITH THEM ON! (P.S. Sorry for the blurry pic - we didn't take our good camera)
2 comments:
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed..but I think my kids may have the same fate in store. Can't wait to see the new specs! Bet she'll look super cute.
I'll be anxious to see you in your cute new specs, Kiera!!
You look fabulous in anything!!!
Post a Comment