
Mondays are my major catch-up day. I don't know what in the world happens over the weekend - especially Sundays - but my house can be perfectly clean Saturday night and within 24 hours it looks like a tornado hit our family room! I think it's because we all become lazy on Sundays and just don't clean up after ourselves. Anyway, I usually wake up on Mondays feeling frazzled and overwhelmed. But last night I read an article about a lady who hated cleaning and organizing her house and hired someone to do it for her for years. After she realized that she was spending THREE THOUSAND BUCKS A YEAR (!) for someone else to take care of her home, she decided she had to learn to do it herself. The article went on to say that for her, cleaning has become a zen-like experience. She loves having things clean and in order, giving thanks for what she has been given while she takes care of what she has.
I am a little OCD when it comes to cleaning my house. The basket liners have to be straight, the pantry items have to face forward, and I even have the exact number of hangers for the girls clothes (any extras have to be stored in a box downstairs). I've known for a long time that, while I can overlook dust to some degree, I can't focus on anything else until my house is somewhat clean and everything is in its place. I try to have most things done before the girls wake up in the morning, and I have to admit that I love taking care of my home. I love my home, my stuff, and I love clean, open space. There's peace to be found in knowing where everything is and knowing that I don't have anything I don't want or need (at least for the most part!) So...this Monday morning I am viewing my weekly catch-up day a little differently - it's a time to get stuff back in order, to be thankful, and to enjoy peace!









1 comment:
I COMPLETELY understand how you feel about having a clean house. I only feel at peace when my house is clean and in order and not "chaotic". And, Monday is an eye-sore usually. Sunday's we're lazy also. Tornado's exist in every home I guess. You are my clone, or I am yours---in the house-cleaning area. I LOVE the end result, which is usally seen quickly. That is why I've always loved cleaning. :0)
Post a Comment