Friday, October 23, 2009

Reflections Contest

I'm sure most of you have heard about the Reflections contest. I entered it several times in sixth grade and junior high and really enjoyed it - and even won a few awards! When this year's contest information was sent home with Kiera and Makenna, they really got excited about it. Makenna wanted to enter the photography division and Kiera wanted to enter the visual arts division. Makenna wanted to take some pictures of Kasidee - she knew exactly what she wanted to do. She took Kasidee in the bathroom, closed the door, dressed her up in a "princess dress," freshened up the bow in her hair, and started snapping away. The only thing I did was stand there to make sure she didn't drop Quentin's $400 camera! Check out these cute pictures she took:






But after (not) much deliberating, this (for some reason) is the picture Makenna chose to enter. She was adamant about this being her favorite one. Go figure.



Here's the proud girl:



And here's the other proud girl, showing off her paper flower picture. I'm just so proud of both of them for working so hard!

2 comments:

Candi said...

Chloe entered that when she was in kindergarten. She even won some tickets to an IMAX show, and some other treats. They came in her classroom and made a big deal out of it. It was a lot of fun. Good luck to your girls! Their entries look great!

la-dawn@juno.com said...

Good job, girls! Your work looks like winners to me! Beautiful!!!