Okay, if I didn't lose you yet, I'll continue. We celebrated our "anniversary" by going out to dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory - all FIVE of us! And, since we were downtown, we stopped by the Salt Lake library's book sale. Now, I don't care much for the DI and I can pass up garage sales, but there's just something about library book sales that get me excited. I LOOOOVVVVE children's books! And that's all I buy at the book sales - I could care less about having a zillion novels that I will never read. But kids books...I can put up with the crowds and the smell of greasy-haired people, because I love the thrill of the hunt. I've been to maybe a dozen library book sales and I know how to find treasures and also be selective. This book sale was actually a preview sale for members only (yes, I splurged on a $12 membership) so we got the best selection before it opens to the public on Saturday. Quentin, the girls and I spent TWO HOURS choosing books - we all had a blast! This morning I "Clorox-wiped" the covers, made minor repairs (tape), laid out my treasures and took a pic so you could see. We got 27 books and 4 videos - and Kiera got 7 chapter books. Quentin even got a few novels (he boasts that he hates to read, but I think he's envious of book lovers - so maybe he can get hooked on one of his picks). Most of the books were on my list to buy someday - and I would have been willing to pay full price for them. Awesome! Plus, a lot of these will be good in my preschool! Yay - check it out!










1 comment:
What a fun and "profitable" day!
Congratulations and much love on your "121/2" celebration....
You two were always meant to be together!!!
Post a Comment