
So...we had a garage sale this morning. I've done a few in my life and am not a huge fan. I love the getting rid of part, and I even like the chatting with new people part. But I don't like all the work that goes into it. But I've spent the last few weeks cleaning out Quentin's shop area. We have a nice, organized storage room, but everything else that still needed to be gone through and organized got shoved in the shop area when we moved in, what, nearly 3 years ago. It's mostly Quentin's stuff - math papers from fifth grade, random menus, trinkets, just stuff. Junk. Well, we sorted through it, pared it down to what we (meaning Quentin) really wanted or needed and gave a lot to the DI, then had a garage sale with the rest. Now our shop (the future preschool / theater room!!!) is cleaned out, our storage room is still nice and organized, and we're a few bucks (just about 100!) richer. The girls were so excited to participate and were able to sell a few of their things as well. It was a fun experience, but hopefully one we won't have to do again anytime soon!









No comments:
Post a Comment