Saturday, August 1, 2009

Stuff

Well, Wednesday was the last of our Neighborhood Field Trip outings. We've gone to most of the weekly events this summer and we'll miss being able to look forward to them. Wednesday we went to Cherry Hill for some miniature golfing. The girls' closest friends were there - all girls - and they all enjoyed doing the course. Kasidee especially loved picking up the ball and dropping it in the cup! With the end of the summer field trips, I guess the countdown is on - only a little over 3 weeks until school starts. Can you believe it?! I'm already feeling a bit sad. I'll miss having all of my girls home with me all day! (P.S. Kiera and Makenna didn't pause long enough for me to get a good picture of them. Better luck next time!)






One evening this past week, Quentin got in the mood to do a project that has been on "The List" for just under a year. He put together our new porch swing! We had our eye on it all last summer and watched the price go lower and lower as the season went on. Finally we got it for half price toward the end of summer! But it's been sitting in its box in our garage, waiting patiently for its turn to come up on the Project List - and now we finally have it up and can enjoy it! Yahoo!









Finally, this has been sort of a "date weekend" for Quentin and me. My mom wanted to have Kiera and Makenna over for another sleepover before school starts, and Friday was the date they had been looking forward to. They went over in the early afternoon then shooed Kasidee and me out the door so they could have Granny all to themselves. When Quentin got home the 3 of us went to Cafe Rio then rented and watched a movie. Even though Kasidee was with us, it felt like a date - we could actually finish a sentence, and the house stayed clean!! The girls had a blast at Granny's and we "checked in" around noon the next day. Then we left all 3 girls with my mom so Quentin and I could go to Hale Center Theater's (in Orem - who knew HCT had a location in Orem?!) production of Singin' in the Rain. First of all, Singin' in the Rain is one of my all-time favorite movies, and second of all, Quentin and I are addicted to live theater. So it was worth the drive out to Orem. And you know what? I think this was the best play I have EVER seen. My eyes didn't stop watering - I was either laughing so hard or was entranced by the awesome dancing. SO GOOD! My only regret is that today was the last day. If they had more shows, I would go again and take everyone I know with me! Maybe I'll just have to settle for watching the video. Again!

1 comment:

Julia Callahan said...

We've had recycling here in SLC curb-side for over a year now. It fills up SO fast and is only picked up every-other-week. It should be every week. We love it also...and I do feel weird tossing things into reg. garbage if they're too dirty to recycle. I love your blog! Keep it up!