Friday, August 14, 2009

Happy Meal!


Since 4/5 of my little family doesn't eat meat, it pretty much goes without saying that we aren't big fans of McDonald's. HOWEVER, the girls and I get as excited about some of their Happy Meal toys (which, by the way, can be purchased separately) as Quentin gets about their Big Macs. We've collected Strawberry Shortcake dolls, Hello Kitty figurines, and we especially love their little Madame Alexander dolls. Anyway, after a month of begging for their mini Beanie Baby toys, I finally decided to let the girls get a Happy Meal (Quentin would eat their meat) when their friends came over for dinner last night. Unfortunately, 2 of the McDonalds in our area had run out of the Beanie Babies and gave us yucky "boy toys" which the 3 girls and their 2 friends snubbed. So much for that.

Well, imagine our surprise and delight when, while we were at Walmart (another store I'm not too excited about patronizing) this evening and saw the brand new Happy Meal toy.... Mini American Girl "books!" Each of the 8 books contains a short story, a craft idea, and 2 fold-out scenes from the story which can be decorated with the included stickers as well as some paper dolls. How cute is that?! They were irresistable, and we snatched up one of each of the 8 books - the McDonald's employee was very patient to look for us! Now, the only dilemma is, should I get a set all for myself that I can play with on my own? Because they're just so darn cute!

No comments: