Well, today was the Big Day. Second grade for Kiera, Kindergarten for Makenna. Wow - how'd they get that old?! They've both been so excited and have been counting down the days. Quentin, Kasidee and I got to stay with Makenna for her whole day, which lasted a whole 1 and 1/2 hours. She won't go back till next Monday (besides an assessment test on Wednesday), so I guess today was just a "pretend day." But I could tell she felt so grown up and was excited to start on her "homework" as soon as she got home.
Kiera, on the other hand, gave us hugs at the classroom door and walked in on her own. A few parents lingered outside the door, anxiously peering in. But the kids all seemed to act like it was "old hat." Big kids.
So it's been a big day for all of us. A new phase, a new schedule, a new start. Here we go!





2 comments:
How did I miss that your girls are 2nd and kindergarten? So are my two boys. Looks like different teachers though.
Geez. Can you believe it? How'd we get so old? We have second graders. Congrats...I guess! :)
Post a Comment