Monday, August 3, 2009

Here It Is!


Okay, so some people might think I'm weird, but here's a picture of our brand-spankin' new recycling can!! Yippee!! For years I was diligent in sorting our recyclables and taking them to the recycling center in Bountiful. But when that closed last year, it felt so strange to just toss everything in the garbage. It hurt! After several letters to the Centerville Mayor and closely following the news about the City's decision to offer curb-side recycling, I have to admit that I'm ecstatic that it's finally here! Well, almost. They won't start picking up till September, but I can start filling that can, teaching my girls, and making a difference!

1 comment:

Candi said...

I hear ya! We saw the neighbors all had theirs this afternoon, and got a little excited about it (even though I've been recycling all along). I'm still excited about the city program. I'm glad to hear we have a while, though, to give me time to cancel my other service. Our bin still hasn't shown up yet, but at least I know it's coming!