So even though school started last Monday, Kindergarten is a little weird. Quentin, Kasidee and I got to stay with Makenna the whole time on Monday and then the kids didn't have to go back for the rest of the week, except for a 20-minute appointment for the Kindergarten Assessment. So today is the first "real day" of Kindergarten. Makenna has been so excited, and the thing she was most excited about was being able to stand in line outside the door till the teacher came to get them. Simple pleasures, eh? She was just beaming this morning, and I could tell she felt so grown up!
I was surprised as I felt the sting of tears while I was walking back to my car. I know Makenna will be fine and she'll have so much fun. I'm excited for her! I guess it's just hard realizing how fast time goes - and knowing that part of growing up requires {ME} letting go - knowing that her world is expanding and that I won't be the only one taking care of her.... Big day for all of us!

2 comments:
Cute. My kindergartner goes in the afternoon. I just showed him this and it got him excited to line up. Fun stuff.
She looks so big. Preschool starts tomorrow. I'm going to bawl.
Post a Comment