Then this afternoon, my sweet neighbor and friend brought over some yummy cupcakes (thanks, Candi!) - and of course our girls wanted to play together. So I agreed, since I was just going to try and give my front door a fresh coat of paint. Well, before I knew it, the 4 girls had 2 TV trays set up in our driveway and began setting out plastic cups filled with ice and tap water. Oh, no no. When they explained that they were going to sell ice water to the people biking down the street, I told them no. I told them that maybe one day next week we could buy some lemonade, make cookies, etc. and do it "for real." But they were so intent on selling their little cups of ice water that I thought, "Well, okay. No one will buy it, and they'll learn a lesson about planning ahead." They set their price at $1 per cup of water (ouch! - I tried to no avail to convince them to do maybe 10 cents), and I watched from the window. Within minutes a grandpa strolling by bought a cup. Oh, that's so sweet! But would you believe that within the 2 hours they were out there, those 4 girls made about 13 bucks?! I guess the little lesson they were supposed to learn didn't work. How embarrassing. Who knows what my neighbors think! But kids are kids - when I was about their age I went door to door with my friend, selling plain pieces of white paper for 25 cents each.
Oh, how fun to be a kid and be so hopeful and naive!! I wish I could just bottle up their sweetness and goodness. (P.S. All of that hard work tuckered them out. All 3 of my girls fell asleep at 6:30 - before they even had a chance to eat dinner!)











3 comments:
You must have posted this before you tried those cupcakes. Seriously, I would be suprised if you were even brave enough to take a bite!
I'm glad to see you got some pictures of the event. I may have to "steal" some from you, if that's ok?
Boy, I guess you taught them a lesson!!?? (ha-ha)
I hope you have a wonderful birthday today, sweet Kellie!!!!
Happy Birthday a little late. I just realized I don't have your email address.... Hope you had a marvelous day!
Post a Comment