


Okay, so today was our first "day off." I had big plans of sleeping as late as we could, working on some "house projects," and then going to the library and craft store to stock up on some good summer reads and craft projects for the girls. Well, we didn't get to sleep in because the phone rang just after 7:00 and woke us all up. And you know what? We didn't even leave the house today. I always get antsy this time of year, wondering how I can get my projects done while entertaining the girls; how to be productive and not waste time and yet enjoy having the girls home and slow down to "summer time." But today was such a relaxing, peaceful day. I'm so lucky to have girls that enjoy entertaining themselves, and they (usually) love playing together - all 3 of them. So this morning, the girls dug out the Legos I played with when I was a girl, and they spent hours - literally like 5 hours! - making cars and buildings and towns. They just couldn't get enough. And I thought, ahhhh....THIS is what summer is all about! Just enjoying and relaxing!









3 comments:
Glad you enjoyed your relaxing day. We enjoyed our day off as well. I felt like I got more done WITH the kids home (crazy, huh?), but having them around kind of motivated me to do something. Guess they are good for something :)
'Tis the lazy, crazy, hazy days of summer!
Enjoy...It will be gone way to soon.
Ahhh, legos. Favorite here too. Happy Summer! We need to get together and take the kids to the park or something.
Post a Comment