Monday, June 22, 2009

Catch Up

Boy, it seems like a lot has been going on lately, and I thought I'd better blog about it before I forget!!

First of all, I just have to say how proud I am of my girls. Kiera loves to just sit for hours each day and read. Her favorite spot is my big fat chair in the living room - she loves to read when the morning sun is streaming in, but she'll read in the car, on the swing, just about anywhere. She just can't get enough. Her last book was "Wayside School is Falling Down" - a 179 page chapter book that she finished in 2 days. Amazing. And sweet Makenna is loving learning how to read. She can't wait till she can read chapter books too!


Saturday was my 32nd birthday - aren't I just so old? I didn't feel old until I hit my 30's. But oh well! I had a fun day. In fact, Quentin wanted to celebrate my "birthday eve" too. He rented a movie and brought home pizza and donuts from Dick's Market (yummy!) as a surprise. He's so sweet! Then on my birthday, we picked up my mom and went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. So neat! Then we quickly browsed at Ikea and had lunch at Sweet Tomatoes! Mom came to our house afterward and Quentin made my favorite dessert for us - Strawberry Shortcake. And he even had a surprise - a Chinese birthday candle. It's so cool! Check it out at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-glXvDyVYm8



(DO YOU LIKE THE PIC THE SISTER MISSIONARIES TOOK? QUENTIN IS VERY PARTICULAR ABOUT HOW HE WANTS PICTURES TAKEN, BUT THE SISTERS ASSURED US THAT THEY HAD BEEN TAKING PICTURES ALL DAY AND WOULD GET THE WHOLE TEMPLE IN THE PIC. HMMMM...)


(AND DO YOU LIKE QUENTIN'S MICKEY EARS?!)


And finally today Kiera was able to get her cast off - for about 20 minutes. The doctor said it is healing well but needs a little more time - about 2 weeks. He gave us the option of a brace or another cast, and Kiera chose a cast. A pink waterproof one this time. I was afraid she'd be disappointed to have to have another cast, but she's excited to have a pink one!



1 comment:

Jolene said...

Happy Birthday! It looks like you had a great day. That candle was really cool (my kids saw the video and now want one too).