




We've really been enjoying this past week of Quentin being off - we love "kickin' around" town and vegging out - just enjoying being a little family! Since we got back from Logan, Quentin has been working on the tile and the girls and I have been scrapbooking, making bracelets, and playing outside. Even though we're home, we're in vacation mode. It feels great!
This morning after we picked Kiera up from school (Fridays are early-out days), the 5 of us went to Banbury Cross Donuts in Salt Lake. When I worked at Trolley Square, we'd get these donuts every once in awhile, and let me tell you - you haven't lived until you've had a Banbury Cross donut - especially the cinnamon crumb ones. There is no comparison to other donuts. Oh yum. I've been telling the girls about a place that has the best donuts in the world, so of course we had to go there. We may have to make this a weekly trip!! (P.S. Makenna always eats her cookies and donuts "upside down" - it's so cute!)
Then we went to the Church History Museum, where they have a fun little exhibit about "I Am a Child of God." The girls got to dress up as if they lived in Jesus' time, follow the Rod of Iron, "paint" stained glass windows, and pretend they worked in a hospital nursery. They had a blast, and I'm always amazed at how many interesting things that museum has.
From there, we went to Temple Square and attempted to get some pics of the girls in their Easter dresses in front of the millions of beautiful flowers. It was, well, a lot of work. But we ended up getting a few cute pics - most of which were when they weren't looking. Then we went to the top of the Conference Center (we've never been on the roof before) and then had dinner at Rumbi's. Whew! It's been a fun week - and we still have a whole weekend in front of us!!









2 comments:
What sweet pictures!!
I think being home IS the best vacation!
You have had a wonderful, memorable week!
Do doughnuts taste better up-side-down? I'm going to try it!!!
Love, Granny
What cute pictures, then again you have cute subjects!!! I agree with the Banbury cross donuts, they are the best. I miss them!! Hope you had a good last few days of vacationing.
Post a Comment