
I have to agree with Jen when she says the best kind of pet is either temporary or doesn't have a bum. Well, tonight we got one that has both advantages. Kiera got to bring home the Kindgergarten "Bunny Rabbit" - a stuffed animal that includes treats, books, and a journal to record what you do with Bunny. Kiera has had a blast with Bunny, taking him to the store, eating lunch with him, and taking him to her friend's house to play. After reading in the journal that basically every kid in the class has had Bunny in his/her bed for the night, I got the willies. But Kiera wanted to make him a special little bed right by her own. She even let him borrow her toothbrush (ergh!) and Kasidee's shirt for a nightgown. It will be hard to give him back tomorrow, but I guess we can look forward to when we get "Longneck," the class turtle, for a day (but this turtle is real and has a bum!)









3 comments:
Uhm...Guess you don't remember sneaking your dog into bed with you?? (She had a bum.)
You thought I didn't know, but I couldn't wait to wash your sheets!
Cute story....and something Kiera will always remember!!!! That's worth a lot!
Love, MoM Granny
I remember doing that! I was in 2nd grade and it was "Butch the Bunny" (bunnies must be quite popular!) I also had a pet turtle and their bums are not so bad!
I loved having all sorts of "pets" while growing up. Horses, cows, chickens, rabbits, pigeons, cats, dogs, birds, fish, etc. I guess that's what you get when your dad thinks he's a farmer and your mom is an animal lover!! Ahh, good times!!!
Post a Comment