



This has been a week that Kiera has been looking forward to for a VERY long time. We've counted down the days for about the last 2 months, and now (finally) it's birthday week!! Yes, we're not just celebrating her special day, she gets to celebrate the whole week! It started Monday, when we got to take her special poster to class, filled with pictures of her and drawings she made. And that marked the day that she gets to be the Line Leader. For some reason, this is like the coolest thing in the world - to be able to "butt" in front of everyone whenever there is a class line, and be the leader. I know - pretty cool stuff. The fun continued today when Kiera's class went on a walking field trip to a nearby farm. Makenna, Kasidee and I got to join them, and we saw chickens, lambs, bunnies, horses, cows and goats. The girls had a blast. And to top it all off (Kiera keeps saying, "I just can't believe it. This is the best day ever!"), she got to bring Longneck, the class turtle home. Yes, this is the pet with a bum that I've been dreading. But at least it has a cage. The girls freak out every time I open the lid to refresh it's water or give it a piece of zucchini or lettuce. But they've had fun shutting the blinds when the turtle needs a nap, and perching the cage on the windowsill to give Longneck some sun. Wow - all this fun, and it's not even her real birthday yet!









4 comments:
Wow Kellie, she sure looks like you... she's beautiful! How fun... it sounds like you had a fun day and a fun week to finish.
Happy Birthday week!! A class turtle. WOW!! I won't complain about Adam's curious George stuffed animal that comes home. Crazy
Oh, I love turtles ... you should feed him bananas (my pet turtles always loved those!) Looks like you had fun at the farm. Sadie loved that last year. She thought that since it was within walking distance she could go anytime she wanted and she begged to go back for weeks!
HAPPY...HAPPY...BIRTHDAY KIERA!!!!
It seems like you've waited FOREVER for this day!!!
I love you sweetheart....Can't wait to celebrate with you!!!
Love..Granny
Post a Comment