
Yay!! Our tile is finally done - well, pretty much. Quentin laid out then pre-cut all of the tiles last Friday and then spent most of the day (10 hours) on Saturday laying the tile with the cement stuff. And today we finally put the grout in. He began pouring the chocolate-colored goopy grout on the tile and working it into the grooves before he realized there was a little problem. He had to get all of the grout in before the mixture started to harden - but he also had to wipe off the excess grout about 20 minutes after he put it on. So basically he needed someone to follow him, wiping up the mess he made - and that's where I came in. But since it was such a strict time limit and basically once you start you can't stop, we needed to enlist some extra help. Kiera and Makenna became impromptu "babysitters" for Kasidee. They were so excited; they kept her occupied and safe in the toy room for about an hour while Quentin and I worked on the grout. Things went pretty smoothly and I think the girls feel pretty grown up to be called babysitters!
So anyway, the grout is in; after 3 days we'll seal it and we can officially call it DONE! In the mean-time, we only need to re-install the toilet, cut and put up the beadboard and trim, prime and paint the walls, install the new faucet, paint the cabinets and install new knobs, install a new towel and toilet paper holder, and eventually install new light fixtures. Hmmm.... This was supposed to be a "quick" update, not a total remodel! But it will be worth it - we're so excited!









5 comments:
I can't wait to see it!!!
Sounds like you have MUCH more to do....that's why I don't
up-date....Besides the $$$$$$..
It's good to know you can count on the girls to baby-sit!
Oh it looks like it is going to be fabulous. Can't wait to see the finished project. What project is next? Outside?
Of course I remember you Kellie! I was just reading your blog yesterday! I find it so ironic we found each other the same day!!! Too funny!
Isn't tiling so much fun! We did the same thing not too long ago in our kitchen... Wow...what a project!
Congrats. Let's keep in touch!
Kellie!! How fun that you found me!! Of course I remember you and for some reason have thought of you several times throughout the years. But....I remember you as a blonde!!!!
We are in the middle of remodeling our basement bathroom. We just finished the upstairs. Hard work but so great when it's done!!! And yes!! I LOVE this blogging thing! I love catching up with old friends!! We are coming up on 12 years in September! Nice to see someone else who started young! But we have a 10 year old!! Crazy!! Take care!
Hi Kellie, Kristin (Clayville) Peterson here... I just found your blog by linking from others... how fun! I love that you have a blog and I can get updated on you. Congratulations on the tile job... I know from experience that it's a lot of work.
Post a Comment