Saturday, February 2, 2008

Finally...

At 6:30 this morning (Saturday is our only "real" sleep-in day), Kiera bounded into our room and announced, "Mommy, Daddy, my second tooth fell out!" I guess she woke up and it was floating around in her mouth. Then she said, "Thank goodness I didn't swallow this one!" We gave her cuddles and congratulations but were confused when tears began to well up in her eyes. She said she was worried because she already missed her tooth. (Perhaps she missed how it flapped around like dentures flicking out of an old lady's mouth??) Anyway, she was comforted by knowing that she doesn't have to give this one up to the Tooth Fairy. I guess she's sentimental like her parents....

2 comments:

la-dawn@juno.com said...

Congratulations pretty girl!!!
As your Mommy used to tell me, "I have a window in my smile!"
Very soon you will start to get new teeth that you can keep forever!
I'm so proud of you, sweetheart!
I love you so much..Granny

The Colby's said...

Wow, Kiera! You are growing up so fast. Congrats on tooth #2!!!