Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Home Sweet Home


Happy One-Year Anniversary to our Home!! We moved in a year ago today. How are we celebrating? I'm doing my semi-annual "take apart the whole house and clean every square inch from top to bottom and go through every single thing and get rid of what I don't love or need" cleaning ritual. You know, the kind of cleaning that no one else would ever really notice but it makes you feel good and in control. You know, the kind of cleaning where you dust things like door frames and plant leaves and chandelier lightbulbs, where you touch up the scratches on the walls and baseboards with paint, where you take apart the fridge and wash the sticky shelves and sides. Whew. However, at the rate I'm going (I have 2 little girls besides my own at my house for the afternoon!), by the time I get done it may be time to start all over again!

The Top Ten Reasons Why We Love Our Home:
10. We finally have a fireplace - 2 in fact!
9. Quentin has a shop and I have a scrapbook room.
8. We have a porch with a fabulous view of the mountains.
7. The floorplan is ideal for us.
6. We have plenty of room and there's a spot for everything.
5. We don't HAVE to upgrade or change anything.
4. We live within walking distance to the best school in the world!
3. We live in the best ward and neighborhood with bunches of GREAT friends.
2. Everything about it is what we dreamed of but never thought we'd really have (even down to the aspen trees in the front and the wide, flat driveway).
1. We can raise our family here and live the rest of our lives here - we'll all grow up/old together in this house.

4 comments:

Me - Jen said...

Happy Anniversary. I LOVE your house, it is the perfect house. Very lucky!! Wait you mean you don't clean your baseboards every week? What in the world Kellie, you better get with it woman!! Kidding of coarse

The Colby's said...

I can't believe it's been a whole year already!!! I hope that when I go grow up I can have a house just like yours!!! ;)

la-dawn@juno.com said...

There is such a welcome, warm feeling when I visit you!!
Of course it is because I love all of you so much....but it is a wonderful home to always feel welcome and comfortable in!!! (did I end with a preposition?)

The Stansbury Stephens said...

Yes, you live a very charmed life. I would agree with your mom that your house does have a special spirit about it. I hope you have many happy years there.

On a side note to those who think Kellie's house is sparkling all the time...it is. I asked her myself how it stays that way. She couldn't explain except to say they all wash their hands a lot. I'm not sure what washing hands has to do with keeping baseboards clean. Somehow dust does not live in Kellie's house. LUCKY!