What is his name? Quentin/Q/Quaez/Q-bert/Quen-tonio
How long have you been married? 11 years in April (now I feel old…)
How long did you date? Pretty much exactly one year. We got married on the 3-year anniversary of when we met (but of course we didn’t date when he was on his mission, although we wanted to!)
How old is he? 32
Who eats more sweets? Me for sure (he’s not a big candy fan), but he eats more non-sugared junk food.
Who said I love you first? He did – followed by me a split-second later!
Who is taller? He is – by 8 inches.
Who can sing better? Quentin sings better bass/baritone than I do – I sing alto!
Who is smarter? Definitely Quentin – in basically every aspect of life. He amazes me by how wise he is.
Who does the laundry? Quentin taught me a lot about how to do laundry when we were first married, but I don’t think he’s ever done a load of laundry all by himself since his mission. In fact, I think he thinks it’s magic that he always has clean underwear to wear!
Who pays the bills? I pay the bills, but Quentin manages the “boring” financial stuff (401K, investments, IRAs, etc.) But we both enjoy seeing who can get the best deal or save more money.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I’ve always wondered how couples decide on this…. Anyway, if you’re looking at the bed, I sleep on the right side (unless we’re on vacation and the right side is by the door – then I make Quentin sleep on the “scary” side). By the way, I think it’s funny that Quentin’s parents and siblings have the wife on the right side, but my parents and grandparents have the wife on the left side…is it a problem that I notice stuff like this?
Who mows the lawn? Would you believe I have NEVER mowed a lawn? How embarrassing. I’ve asked Quentin to teach me, but he won’t because he says he’s the one who should be doing it.
Who cooks dinner? I do. If Quentin “cooks,” it’s either spaghetti or saltines with milk (so I end up cooking anyway).
Who drives? Usually Quentin when we’re together. But when his eyes start to glaze over on the freeway, I insist on being the driver.
Who is more stubborn? Quentin is more “stubborn” when it comes to games (he’s very competitive). But I am definitely generally more stubborn – if I set my mind to it, there’s nothing stopping me. He’s also much more forgiving than I am.
Who kissed who first? I patiently waited for several separate moments when I thought for sure he would kiss me – but he didn’t. He’s just so sentimental – he waited till my 17th birthday!
Who asked who out first? Quentin asked me out first. I kept asking him if he’d found anyone to take to Senior Ball (we had just met) – I found out soon enough when I found a maze of yarn that he strung throughout my backyard, which ended up at a sign asking me to go with him!
Who proposed? He did – after asking my parents for my “hand,” of course!
Who has more siblings? Quentin has 2 brothers, 1 sister, 2 half-brothers and 1 half-sister. I have 2 half-sisters and 1 half-brother.
Who wears the pants? Neither one of the adults in the house – our girls rule the roost!
Who am I tagging? Everyone who reads this – get on it, would ya?
How long have you been married? 11 years in April (now I feel old…)
How long did you date? Pretty much exactly one year. We got married on the 3-year anniversary of when we met (but of course we didn’t date when he was on his mission, although we wanted to!)
How old is he? 32
Who eats more sweets? Me for sure (he’s not a big candy fan), but he eats more non-sugared junk food.
Who said I love you first? He did – followed by me a split-second later!
Who is taller? He is – by 8 inches.
Who can sing better? Quentin sings better bass/baritone than I do – I sing alto!
Who is smarter? Definitely Quentin – in basically every aspect of life. He amazes me by how wise he is.
Who does the laundry? Quentin taught me a lot about how to do laundry when we were first married, but I don’t think he’s ever done a load of laundry all by himself since his mission. In fact, I think he thinks it’s magic that he always has clean underwear to wear!
Who pays the bills? I pay the bills, but Quentin manages the “boring” financial stuff (401K, investments, IRAs, etc.) But we both enjoy seeing who can get the best deal or save more money.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I’ve always wondered how couples decide on this…. Anyway, if you’re looking at the bed, I sleep on the right side (unless we’re on vacation and the right side is by the door – then I make Quentin sleep on the “scary” side). By the way, I think it’s funny that Quentin’s parents and siblings have the wife on the right side, but my parents and grandparents have the wife on the left side…is it a problem that I notice stuff like this?
Who mows the lawn? Would you believe I have NEVER mowed a lawn? How embarrassing. I’ve asked Quentin to teach me, but he won’t because he says he’s the one who should be doing it.
Who cooks dinner? I do. If Quentin “cooks,” it’s either spaghetti or saltines with milk (so I end up cooking anyway).
Who drives? Usually Quentin when we’re together. But when his eyes start to glaze over on the freeway, I insist on being the driver.
Who is more stubborn? Quentin is more “stubborn” when it comes to games (he’s very competitive). But I am definitely generally more stubborn – if I set my mind to it, there’s nothing stopping me. He’s also much more forgiving than I am.
Who kissed who first? I patiently waited for several separate moments when I thought for sure he would kiss me – but he didn’t. He’s just so sentimental – he waited till my 17th birthday!
Who asked who out first? Quentin asked me out first. I kept asking him if he’d found anyone to take to Senior Ball (we had just met) – I found out soon enough when I found a maze of yarn that he strung throughout my backyard, which ended up at a sign asking me to go with him!
Who proposed? He did – after asking my parents for my “hand,” of course!
Who has more siblings? Quentin has 2 brothers, 1 sister, 2 half-brothers and 1 half-sister. I have 2 half-sisters and 1 half-brother.
Who wears the pants? Neither one of the adults in the house – our girls rule the roost!
Who am I tagging? Everyone who reads this – get on it, would ya?









1 comment:
Quentin is the son I never had and I can't tell him enough how much I love him.
It brings such comfort to a Mom when her daughter is so loved and cherished by her husband. It gives me great peace and joy.
Quentin has the playful side of a little boy and the wisdom of a great and experienced scholar. He and I have had many DEEP conversations...and he has given me wise counsel. I never question his judgement....He is ALWAYS right and I love him soooo much!
Post a Comment