Friday, January 25, 2008

100 Things That Make Me Smile

I've ALWAYS been a list-lover, and when I approached my 30th birthday last June, I began making a "collage" of 100 things that make me smile. The collage is framed and hanging in my scrapbook room and I look at it frequently. I've noticed quite a few fellow bloggers have posted their "100 Things" lists, so I don't want to be left out. Here's my list, in no order of preference (well, except for the first two)! And please note that this list was made before Kasidee was born - I could fill up another "100 Things" list just about her!
1. Being a mom
2. My family
3. Our home
4. Pina coladas
5. Postage stamps
6. Polka dots
7. Yoga
8. First snow of the season
9. Strawberry shortcake (the dessert AND the character)
10. Scrapbooking
11. Farmers markets
12. Making lists
13. Porch lights (turned on at night)
14. Learning
15. Book stores
16. Snapdragons
17. Makenna's expressions
18. Kurt Bestor music
19. Campfire smell
20. Rosemary
21. Rubber duckies
22. Cream soda
23. Sage (the color)
24. Robert Duncan paintings
25. Father of the Bride movies (1 and 2)
26. Hot, hot showers
27. Kiera's cute words
28. Cuddling with my girls
29. Feeling baby feet on my back
30. "For the Beauty of the Earth" hymn
31. Hummus sandwiches
32. Family get-togethers
33. Pumpkin cookies/bread
34. Craft projects
35. Design shows
36. Cinnamon bears
37. Slippers
38. Johnson's bedtime lotion
39. Karma Wilson's "Bear" books
40. Hair "tickies"
41. Personality theory (psychology)
42. Irish Spring soap
43. Nat King Cole music
44. "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" hymn
45. Newborn scent
46. Going out to eat
47. Thank you notes
48. Organizing
49. "Ed" TV show (and now I have to add "Notes from the Underbelly" and "Carpoolers")
50. Anything vegetarian/vegan
51. Soy "nog"
52. Heavy blankets
53. Smell of fresh-cut grass
54. Late-night walks in the summertime
55. Banbury Cross cinnamon donuts
56. Fresh peaches
57. Apple spice pancakes
58. Quentin coming home from work
59. Hallmark commercials
60. Hot Cocoa with soymilk and cinnamon
61. Tall aspen trees
62. Child development (psychology)
63. The Olive Garden
64. Talking to Mom on the phone - at least twice a day!
65. Fresh Spring leaves
66. 40's music
67. Camping
68. Precious Moments figurines
69. Curling up with a good book
70. Lime margaritas
71. Kiera's big, bright eyes
72. Cooking
73. Watching a good movie
74. Social psychology
75. Sweet Tomatoes restaurant
76. Hearing my girls' laughter
77. Periwinkle (color)
78. Crunchy Autumn leaves
79. Cows
80. Sitting on heater vents
81. Getting the mail
82. Hummingbird cake
83. Baby breath
84. Quiet, early mornings
85. Curling up with a good book
86. Miniature anything
87. Mike and Ike candies
88. Juicy grapes
89. Rain
90. Live theater
91. Makenna's sweet cheeks
92. Ladybugs
93. Anne of Green Gables
94. John Mayer music
95. Yellow
96. Grandma's house
97. September
98. Coffee cake from Dick's Market
99. Stickers from fruits and vegetables
100. Quentin's "Quentin-isms"

No comments: