Well, after a couple of months of wiggly teeth, Kiera's very first loose tooth finally came out last night (and as you can see in the picture, the next one is barely hanging on). However, it "landed" in a place where it may be a little difficult to find. . . . She swallowed it. Yes, after months of me reassuring her that there would be no way she could possibly swallow it - she did. She took a bite of pizza and thought the crunchy piece was part of the crust so she swallowed it. Then she freaked out when she realized what happened. She kept saying, "I can't believe it. I ate my tooth." Then she became distraught when she realized she wouldn't have anything to put under her pillow. So she wrote a little note that said, "To: The Tooth Fairy. I swolod my tooth." She was so surprised to find a silver dollar under her pillow this morning (I guess the Tooth Fairy in the Centerville District isn't quite as generous as the Tooth Fairy in the Boise District!) She kept saying, "I can't believe I have a real old-fashioned dollar! Thank you Tooth Fairy! Thank you!" I just can't believe my little girl is old enough to be losing her teeth! I guess she and Kasidee will be "growing" new teeth together! (P.S. Quentin is too sentimental - he still wants to find her tooth! I guess we'd better stock up on latex gloves and tell Kiera not to flush!)Thursday, January 17, 2008
Hey, Tooth Fairy!
Well, after a couple of months of wiggly teeth, Kiera's very first loose tooth finally came out last night (and as you can see in the picture, the next one is barely hanging on). However, it "landed" in a place where it may be a little difficult to find. . . . She swallowed it. Yes, after months of me reassuring her that there would be no way she could possibly swallow it - she did. She took a bite of pizza and thought the crunchy piece was part of the crust so she swallowed it. Then she freaked out when she realized what happened. She kept saying, "I can't believe it. I ate my tooth." Then she became distraught when she realized she wouldn't have anything to put under her pillow. So she wrote a little note that said, "To: The Tooth Fairy. I swolod my tooth." She was so surprised to find a silver dollar under her pillow this morning (I guess the Tooth Fairy in the Centerville District isn't quite as generous as the Tooth Fairy in the Boise District!) She kept saying, "I can't believe I have a real old-fashioned dollar! Thank you Tooth Fairy! Thank you!" I just can't believe my little girl is old enough to be losing her teeth! I guess she and Kasidee will be "growing" new teeth together! (P.S. Quentin is too sentimental - he still wants to find her tooth! I guess we'd better stock up on latex gloves and tell Kiera not to flush!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
I can't stop laughing!!!
Although I was there when it happened, it wasn't funny....Poor little Kiera was sooo scared!
I don't envy your job, Quentin!
Hmmmm the story isn't over, yet.
Good luck with that.
I laughed at Eric when he had to do some "nasty" stuff for school, but this is voluntary! I may never be able to hug Q again!
Tell Kiera congrats on loosing her first tooth!! Oh, the things I have to look forward too!
p.s. Eric has some gloves left over if you need them!!!!
Post a Comment