Monday, March 27, 2017

Silly


  • Makenna registered for 8th grade this week and I thought it would be much easier than when Kiera did  - we already knew what to expect and Kiera could give her guidance of which classes to choose.  But it still was a big deal and full of big decisions because (surprise) Kiera and Makenna are different and have different strengths and interests.  After some discussion about the classes, Makenna sighed and said, "I just feel so pressurized!"
  • Kasidee was looking at the box of pasta we were cooking and exclaimed with a horrified look, "What?!  100% salmonella?!"  I had to explain that it said semolina, not salmonella....
  • We watched a documentary about Thomas Edison and his inventions.  One of them was the phonograph where he was able to record his own voice.  After the movie, Kasidee said, "I thought Edison only invented the lightbulb.  I had no idea he invented so many things, like the answering machine."  I tried to explain that it wasn't really an answering machine but more like a tape recorder.  She said, "What's a tape recorder?"  Yeah - I feel old.

1 comment:

Granny said...

💕❣💕❣💕