Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Funnies

Here are a few funnies from the last few months:

  • Even though Kasidee is 9, she still likes to sleep in our bed every once in awhile.  One night while Quentin was getting ready for bed, she asked me, "Can I just lay in your bed with you and look at the ceiling?"
  • Makenna:  "Oh that car is so cute!  It's kind of an orange-y red.  Wait - it's orange.  With red."
  • One day while preparing to go somewhere for most of the day, Kasidee put snacks, water, gum and Kleenexs in a bag.  She called it her "Life Prepared Bag."
  • Kasidee told me, "I've been reminding you every day since yesterday."
  • Kiera had a dream near Christmastime that she was on "Santa's Elite Squad."
  • While listening to Christmas songs, Kasidee asked, "Wait - is it figgy pudding or piggy pudding?"  We couldn't convince her that it's really figgy pudding!
  • Kasidee, stuffing tissue paper in a bag for a small birthday gift:  "I didn't realize how big this bag was.  That's okay - I'll just tell him not to get excited."
  • A couple of weeks before Christmas, Kasidee saw a text on my iPad regarding a bike.  She was afraid she did something wrong by accidentally looking at my text, but I assured her that we knew she wanted a bike for Christmas but have had a hard time finding one.  She said, "Oh Mommy, that's okay.  Please don't worry about it.  I'll just ask Santa."
  • Makenna found out that Kasidee's friend got a brand-new iPhone.  Makenna said to me, "Why would anyone give their 9-year-old a phone?  There's no need, except for a-holding people."
  • One evening before Quentin's birthday, we decided to run to the dollar store to secretly get some small gifts for him.  Makenna had fallen asleep on the couch.  When I roused her and asked if she wanted to go with us, she said no.  So the rest of us went and Kiera and Kasidee helped pick out something they thought Quentin would like that Makenna could give him.   When he opened it on his birthday, she explained, "It's boring.  I'm sorry.  But I was asleep when I got it."
  • Now here's a funny thing Quentin said!  He was talking about his big theater screen.  He said, "It's 106 inches.  When I was going to buy it I thought, 'Wow...I can't pass that up!  It's 3 digits of inches!'"

1 comment:

Granny said...

💕oh, how I love these💕 So cute!!