Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Major Catchup

Summer has just gotten away from me. We've been busy having fun and I just haven't taken time to blog. But I want to make sure to document it (for my sake!) before I forget!

I told the girls they could each pick one summer rec class to take this summer. Kiera and Makenna had a hard time choosing between gymnastics and ice skating. I noticed ice skating had a 2-for-1 deal and I didn't think Makenna should do gymnastics on her newly-healed broken wrist. So I signed up Kiera and Makenna for ice skating, Kiera and Kasidee for gymnastics, and I wanted Makenna and Kasidee to do swimming lessons (but I ended up not being able to find lessons that coordinated with our vacation schedules. Oh well.) Anyway, they all had fun in their classes and it gave us something to look forward to each week.


We had planned on going camping with our friends, The Baileys, but it just didn't work out. We both have tent trailers but gut-less vans to pull them and we had a hard time finding a campsite that didn't involve climbing lots of hills or that allowed dogs or campfires. So we ditched the camping idea and decided to spend a day together. We went hiking/geocaching, had a picnic, walked along the Lagoon Trail, and then ended up having dinner at the Bailey's house. We wanted to watch a movie in the theater room too but ran out of time. We'll save that for another day.


My friend Kate and I wanted to do a neighborhood mom-and-me summer bookclub. I hosted the one for July and I did a "Bookworms" theme. We had the kids bring their all-time favorite picture book to show and discuss, we made bookmarks, and we had treats - Smarties ("Hey there, Smarty Pants!"), Nerds ("Gotta love being a book nerd!"), Gummy Worms ("Cute little bookworms") and cookies. We had a pretty good turnout, and it was fun!


One Saturday we met Quentin's brother and cousins and their families at the American West Heritage Center near Logan. We had never been before, and it was really fun. Lots of fun pioneer activities! It reminded me a little of "This is the Place" but cheaper and a lot less crowded! We all had fun, then we had Aggie ice cream afterward.


Last Wednesday my 2 sisters, brother-in-law, nephew and niece came up from Texas for a visit! We had 6 days of busy-crazy fun! Riding the tram at Snowbird, 2 family reunions, Thanksgiving Point, movie night in our theater room, dinner at my aunt and uncle's house in Provo Canyon (their house and neighborhood is what I dream of for a cabin!), walking to Bridal Veil Falls, a crazy car breakdown adventure, a long hike in the heat of the day, eating out a lot, chatting and visiting a lot, giggling at my always funny cousin Kanevin, staying up late and getting up early... Good times, good times! It's funny how years can go between us seeing each other but when we get together it's like no time has passed at all. It's always so fun to be together, to catch up, and to have fun experiences together!

The view from the tram
The girls were stuck to Jason like magnets - they just wouldn't leave him alone!
Having a picnic at the tram drop-off
Makenna sure enjoyed Grandpa's new puppy!
Riding in our old canoe at the pond at Cardell and Rosanne's house
Me and my sister Kris
Me and my sister Brenda























No comments: