'Twas the last day of school today. Finally. It seems we've had Spring Fever around here for months. Or maybe it was lack of motivation to get anything done, or even get to bed on time. So...welcome summer! Now we just need to face the trick of finding the right balance between getting things done and having fun! But I really do love the feelings summertime brings, and I especially love having my girls home!
To celebrate the last day, Kiera's friend's mom arranged to have a LIMO pick her son and daughter and a few of their friends up from school and take them out for ice cream. The mom called me last night and said her daughter would like Kiera to go. She was ecstatic! So after the flag ceremony at the school (which, by the way, is always amazing to me - you could hear a pin drop, the kids were so respectful!) the limo picked the kids up. Makenna, Kasidee and I hung out to take some pictures. Then the mom said to me, "Hey, there's still some more room in the limo - do you and your other girls want to come?" I declined, thinking some other kids would want to go. But it ended up that they were ready to go and had extra room, so Makenna, Kasidee and I joined them! It was fun - we just went to Pace's in Bountiful and back - but boy, what a fun experience and memory for my girls!
Then this evening we had a "School's Out For Summer" movie party. This is our third year (I think) to do this, and I told the girls they could each choose "a few" friends. They had a hard time narrowing down the list, but when I looked at the list I had a hard time narrowing it down too - and even more, I came up with other names too. So after debating, Quentin and I just decided to invite a BUNCH. Mostly kids from school - lots of girls, and one brave boy (besides Quentin)! Good thing they have little bodies that can squish into the little theater room! It was a fun way to kick off summer! YAY!
Friday, June 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
Thank you for the fun movie night!!! The girls loved it and asked when we could play with you guys again!
Post a Comment