Saturday, April 23, 2011

Friends

My BFF Kristin and I have known each other for 23 years. We've always been close, but since we've each gotten married and had kids, it has been harder to get together. There have been times where we've made an effort to get together - and it feels like no time has passed at all - but over the last few years getting together just simply didn't happen as often as we would have liked. A few months ago, an email from Kristin really touched me - I literally cried as I sat at my computer. She told me she really values our relationship and wants to make our friendship more of a priority. I totally agreed. So, even though we live over an hour apart, we have been getting together each month for the last few months. We take turns - we had pizza at their house, pasta and a movie at our house, then we met at a park near their house. Next will be our turn again. I can't tell you how much these visits mean to me - it feels good to catch up on life. Her husband is great too and the 4 of us get along well - and our kids just adore each other! I want to treasure these times we have together - her husband's job most likely will take them out of state in about 3 years.... :(

But check out how cute our kids are:

No comments: