I think April Fool's Day is a dumb "holiday." Who came up with that idea, and why in the world has it stuck around for so long? But.... I've realized that no matter how dumb I think a holiday or a tradition is, I usually go along with it because kids make anything fun.
I usually don't do a whole lot (or anything, really) for April Fool's Day. But last night I was looking online and Parenting magazine had some pretty fun (easy!) ideas. So last night after the girls fell asleep, I tried to switch them in their beds. I successfully moved Makenna over to Kiera's bed but when I moved Kiera to Makenna's bed she woke up and got mad. So that didn't work.
Also last night I filled the girls' hot chocolate mugs half full of water and stuck them in the freezer. This morning I filled them up with hot chocolate - they were baffled when they couldn't stick their straws in all the way.
They also thought it was funny that I had stuck toilet paper in the toes of their shoes before school this morning.
But the funnest part was an idea that my mom had done to me when I was little. I glued a few coins on the garage floor by the door where we come in. When the girls got home from school they were excited to find that someone had dropped their change and raced to grab it. It was hard not to laugh as they tried and tried to pick them up before they realized they couldn't!!
So...this April Fools Day wasn't so bad. Kind of fun, in fact. But I've been on guard all day and nothing happened. I guess that's good!
Friday, April 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
Go Kellie! All those ideas sounded fun!
Post a Comment