I love General Conference. Not only because we get to hear uplifting, inspiring talks by our leaders, but also because it's a good excuse to stay in our jammies all day and relax. I actually have a very hard time just sitting in front of the TV and watching for 4+ hours (times 2 days.) It makes me tired and I can't concentrate. So our rule is that we have the TV on and anyone can do anything
while they listen, as long as it's a quiet activity. So the girls pulled out their My Little Ponies, which they haven't played with for a long time, and set up houses and stores - basically a whole town. It kept them entertained for a few hours.

But in the middle of the last session, we could hear it hailing outside. The girls were so excited and wanted to check it out. They ran around, screaming like banshees - until they got muddy. At least they got some fresh air today and could stretch their legs for a bit!


As for me, I was content organizing pictures on the computer and getting ready to catch up the girls' scrapbooks. Again. It never ends. But it was nice having 4 hours of uninterrupted time where I didn't feel guilty for sitting down!
1 comment:
I'm the same way! I sat down on the couch only once during the 8 hours of Conference and immediately fell asleep! But I did get my blog updated and lots of filing done while I listened to the rest of it!
Post a Comment