Friday, March 18, 2011

St. Patty's

I guess I don't get why St. Patrick's Day is such a big deal here - most Americans are not Irish or Catholic. I guess it's fun for kids, and I've always kind of gone along with it. But for some reason, St. Patty's Day was sort of a big deal at our house this year - mainly because of Kiera. As the girls were getting ready for bed the night before, Kiera made sure everyone was wearing green. Quentin doesn't have green pajamas, so Kiera brought him one of our green hot pad gloves to wear on his hand all night long! The girls gave themselves new names (Green Girl Grace, Green Girl Greta and Green Girl Gertrude.) And Kiera made green necklaces for all of the stuffed animals that sleep on her bed and Makenna and Kasidee put green stickers on their stuffed animals. Before they went to bed, Kiera left a cookie and a note for any leprechauns that might drop by.



The next morning, the girls saw that someone had sprinkled glitter in their bedroom and left 3 little green glass rocks with a glittery shamrock sticker on them. How cool is that?! The cookie was gone, except for a few crumbs, and a picture of "Patrick and Megan" was left behind. Our milk was mysteriously turned green, and while Kiera was mixing the waffle batter (for shamrock waffles, of course - I think I posted a pic last year), the batter began turning green as well!



My preschoolers were excited to get a lucky green glass rock too, but they were spooked when our bubble gum clock hanging on the wall crashed to the ground! I was surprised about that one too, and just so thankful that everyone was on the other side of the room! What a strange day it was!

No comments: