Friday, April 16, 2010

Sweet...

Just to report on our anniversary yesterday.... Quentin had the day off, but the day was interrupted with taking kids to school, picking up carpool at 11:30, then picking Kiera up from school at 3:30. So we sort of felt "on hold" to go anywhere for very long. We thought about going out to breakfast, but we didn't think about that until everyone had already eaten breakfast! But in between our "normal day," we decided to go to 7000 South to check out the World Market store. (Isn't Quentin so sweet to go along with me to do "girly" things?) I had seen the ads for a few months but had never been to a store, so we decided to check it out. We both really liked it - it sort of reminds me of a Pier 1 store. The thing we had wanted to get there was sold out, but it was fun browsing and going somewhere new, even if it was just for a little while.

We ran a few other errands, then were happy to meet the Johnson family at Olive Garden for dinner. April 15 is also Grandma Johnson's birthday - and yesterday was her 88th! It was fun to eat a yummy meal, be with family, and watch the girls be silly with their cousins.

So...I don't know if anyone else has thought of this, but don't all anniversary gifts seem "girly?" I mean, how sentimental and romantic is a power tool? The gifts that are sentimental or romantic or MEANINGFUL seem to lean a tad to the feminine side. That's why, while Quentin is always so "gifted" with his gift-giving, I have a hard time finding something meaningful that doesn't scream "GIRLY!" But I was excited to find something cool this year. I have always admired those "hidden letters" and made the girls an ABC book last Christmas using hidden letters around our home. Anyway, I thought of using those same letters to spell out our last name. How cool is that?! But when I went to Roberts to see if they had an eight-hole frame, I found a whole endcap with frames and letters - just what I wanted! So yay! Check it out:


And Quentin, as usual, was so sweet and thoughtful with what he wanted to give me. Quentin told me that a couple of months ago, Nikki had emailed him a gift idea from Etsy that she thought I would like. He agreed - he knew I would love it, but he wanted to make one for me instead of buying one. He went to a bunch of stores, got what he needed, had the girls help him, and then he gave me this...


A cute, trendy necklace, huh?!

But check out what's in between....


Like 3 little peas in a pod! How sweet is that?! He said he had thought about giving it to me for Mother's Day, but he wanted to give it to me on our anniversary because our eternal family began on our wedding day! Awww.... How blessed I am to have such a sweet, thoughtful, sentimental, kind and gentle man!

3 comments:

Doug and Amanda Bailey said...

How cute! You were both very creative, fun gifts.

la-dawn@juno.com said...

Perfect! Kel, I love your alphabet pics, and Quentin, you are so thoughtful and original.
Beautiful gifts!

Kate said...

Wow!! Quention is sweet! He can give Jason lessons sometime... and I love your alphabet pictures! Where did you find all of them??