Sunday, February 21, 2010

Food Inc.


My friend did a post on her blog recently about the documentary "Food Inc." She and her family have been learning more about healthy food choices and have implemented it in their lives. (Even her kids that are about Kiera's age are on board!!) In her post she offered to lend her copy of the video to anyone interested. Quentin and I watched it last night and were blown away. I've been a vegetarian for about 23 years. Label-reading, decoding ingredients and trying to make healthful choices have been a way of life for me. But having a husband and two-thirds of my children prefer "kleenex bread," macaroni and cheese, and basically anything that has white flour and cheese has been hard. At least Makenna eats (actually she adores!) fruits, veggies, quinoa, soymilk, and whole, natural foods. But seeing this movie has inspired both Quentin and me to prioritize and put our family's health and food choices at the top of the list. My only dilemma - how to get the picky eaters to get on board and begin adoring whole, natural, organic, yummy food! Hmmmm....

1 comment:

Candi said...

I'm glad you got something out of it! I was a little hesitant to post about it, but even if you're the only one who watches it, it was worth it.