Anyway, awhile ago Kiera asked Quentin if he would come to her class to speak about Denmark (where he served his mission). I guess Kiera's teacher had been asking for volunteers to talk to the students about different countries and Kiera was so excited to have her Daddy come to class. I took a few pics but believe it or not this was the best out of the bunch (too bad we can't even see Quentin's face). He was showing the class a long, skinny Danish flag - how cool is that?! He also talked about a blind lady he met in Denmark, who showed him how to write in brail and where to purchase the equipment. Quentin was excited to learn, since his niece Sasha was blind. While preparing his presentation to the class, he "punched" everyone's name in brail to give to them - they thought that was so cool!

Our cute little "Scootlebugs Preschool" sign is up in my yard, attracting cute little customers! :) My preschool partner and I have been busy getting our registration packets ready to send out - we're so psyched!! We each have 7 students on our list already! Yipee!

Playdates at our house are a "feast or famine" type of thing. Since this past week was "early out" from school every day, we had more than our usual share of playdates - and most of them at our house which is fun. (The weather has been so nice they've mostly been outside!) I think I counted 11 different friends in 6 days. Crazy but fun! Makenna had a few of her friends from school over Monday and they wanted me to get a picture of them with the birthday cake they made for Kasidee.

Later in the week we also had my friend Amanda's girls over to play. Quentin and I went to school with Amanda and her husband and have done a few things together here and there. Last summer they moved to Centerville (probably just over a mile away) and we finally had them over to dinner to catch up. Our kids totally hit it off and they invited our girls to a birthday party the next week. Amanda and I haven't stopped hearing about them wanting to play together again, so they came over on Thursday. We figured our kids ages are right in between each other - my Kiera is 7, her Maren is 6, my Makenna is 5 1/2, her Emily is 5, her Katie is 3, and my Kasidee is 2 1/2. She also has a 9-year-old son and an 18-month-old daughter, but her middle kids and my girls have instantly become good friends. And don't you just love a bunch of smiling girls?
This is probably a silly picture, but one day I was walking past my big wall with the clock on it and I noticed a shadow - the sun was bouncing off my backyard neighbor's window and shining on my wall. But it was passing through our trees and the big pinecone my mom had hung in the tree when she made "peanut butter and birdseed birdfeeders!" The shadow was so pretty that I had to quickly grab my camera!

Big news - Kasidee is officially potting training! She's been sort of interested for a few months but I didn't want to do anything until after the holidays. The other day she saw me putting some laundry away and saw some of the girls' panties. She wanted to try them on. So I dug out some in her size and she wore them for about an hour then peed all over in them. But she kept asking to wear them. Since we only had 1 pair in her size, we went to Walmart and let her pick out her very own. She chose Minnie Mouse, of course. She was so excited and wore them the whole day. She would announce when she needed to go on her potty chair, and she even did the big #2 in it. I was even able to take her to church today in her panties! She has had a couple of accidents, but I guess there's no turning back now. She's so proud of herself and I must say I'm amazed at how well she's doing! She's just such a smartie!

Last night Quentin's Grandma Stephens stopped by with Dallin, Crystal and Shlenae. Grandma will be celebrating her 95th birthday next week. Doesn't she look great?! She's an inspiration to everyone. She's always so positive and fun and sweet. Ya just help but smile when she's around!










2 comments:
do you have a website for Scootlebugs? Do you do 3 year old preschool? I've only ever done it for my 4 year olds but am interested in price and schedule, etc. if you have info.
Thanks!
Yay Kellie! So glad your preschool is going well! Jealous potty training is going so well with Kasidee, wish I could say the same for Kay. She does fine if she doesn't have clothes on (weird, I know, but it works), but she INSISTS on having a pull up on, and can get them and put them on alone, so unless I lock her out of her room...I'm toast.
Post a Comment