Friday, January 2, 2009

Swell Noel


Okay, I'm addicted. And I had to quickly blog about it before I return to my new hobby.... I've always been fond of all things paper-crafty and all things miniature, and when I saw this little paper village in a store, I was immediately drawn to it. But I just figured it was not a necessity and I passed it by. But I kept thinking about it and emailed my sister-in-law (a fellow paper-craft and miniature lover) and I think we convinced each other that we each needed one. We thought it looked like a winter village more than a Christmas village, so it works for January decor! Anyway, I just started mine and have made 4 of the 8 buildings and boy, it sure is fun! It's quite time-consuming (the school took me 50 minutes to finish), but it's a fun process and WAY cool to see it come together. It's just so dang cute I can hardly stand it. Just thought I'd share. Now I'm off - my girls are asleep, the snow is quietly coming down, and I'm in the mood to stay up late and be crafty! (P.S. I thought it would be something the girls and I could do together, but it's a little tricky and they just ended up watching me anyway!)

Check out details at:
http://www.kandcompany.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=128&idproduct=5929
(P.S. You can buy it at Ben Franklin's Crafts in Kaysville!)

2 comments:

The Stansbury Stephens said...

Hmmm. Maybe I'll have to do more of mine since you stated it could be for 'winter' decor. Maybe after I put Christmas away ;)

Candi said...

Ok, I can get into scrapbooking when I feel like it, but that is so not my kind of project! Yay for you... what patience you must have! It does look pretty, though.