Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

2009 - another brand new year! Hope everyone had a fun celebration, and I hope everyone has a fabulous year ahead!! We had a rather quiet "party" with cousins and even had Marina, Roman and Isaac (and their mom and dad!) sleep over! Movies, games, talking, playing...it was fun. And the next day Quentin and Corbin made waffles and we enjoyed the laziness of the morning. Later, the 5 of us met Mom and Grandma for an early dinner at Grandma's (and the girls') favorite place - Chuck A Rama. Grandma was so excited to be able to go out to a restaurant for the first time in a long time since she's been sick. Last night we popped popcorn, rented Wall-E, and vegged. Ahhh....

This morning all 3 girls slept till 10:30. Wow. I enjoyed a quiet morning all by myself (Quentin had to work today). It will be good to get back into a routine on Monday with school starting again. For me the new year won't really start till Monday. I've got a list of personal goals and family goals that we want to work on this year. One new thing I want to do this year is to do my journal on the computer. I got my first journal when I was baptized and wrote occasionally in it. But I've basically written something for every day since 1991 (wow!) and I have a cedar chest half-full of journals. Since I've started blogging, most of my journal entries are just copies of what I wrote on my blog. So I figured, why not do it all on the computer? (Cutting and pasting are much easier than re-writing a ton of stuff). Besides, I've started making each girl their own journals and have had to go through my old journals and type stuff. Talk about tedious. So I'm excited about this new project.

Another goal, at least for the month of January, is for us to go on a Money Diet. We've gotten pretty lax in our spending lately and want to bump up our savings a little. So we'll see how that goes. It's kind of a fun challenge, actually, to see how little we can get by with.

Well, happy new year!! And here's to a fresh start! I love January....

3 comments:

The Stansbury Stephens said...

Good luck with your goals. Knowing you, you'll accomplish them. You are one of the most disciplined people I know so I'm sure you'll do great.

Thanks again for the party. Your family does so much for us and we always have a fun time. Sorry if we tend to overstay, but I mean it when I say that your home is so comfortable. What a great place to hang out! AND great people to hang out with.

Happy New Year!

The Colby's said...

Happy New Year!! Thank you for letting us come hang out too! Sorry if we kept anyone up too late. Just having too much fun I guess! It's so nice to have family and friends around again, we just don't want our time together to end. Thanks again for a great party!

Katie said...

I love the idea of a "money diet" - we need to do that too. I always spend way too much at Christmastime! Good luck!