Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sleepover


Last night (this morning?) the girls were up a little after midnight, giddy about the huge thunderstorm we were having. I say giddy but it was really a mixture of excitement and fear - the same thing I was feeling. As we watched out the window, there were bursts of light nearly every second, coming from 3 different directions. Then it poured, adding to the dramatic night storm. Needless to say, we figured there was no way the girls were going to go back to their room by themselves, and I didn't particularly want to sleep on their floor. So we brought out the sleeping bags and made an impromptu bed on the floor next to my side of the bed. They squished together and cuddled. It worked - within 2 minutes they were sound asleep!

3 comments:

Candi said...

I'm not sure how I missed it, but I slept right through it. That's a good thing, though, because thunderstorms terrify me. I knew there were storm warnings all over the state last night, but I must have fallen asleep before it hit us. Thank goodness!

The Stansbury Stephens said...

I think I missed too. I LOVE lightning and thunder as long as I'm inside the warmth and comfort of my house. How exciting for you! I hope the girls were still angels the next day despite the lack of sleep.

la-dawn@juno.com said...

Hummmm....
Reminds me of someone I know who did the same thing about 25 years ago!!! Uhm....wonder who???
Love, MoM