
Okay, y'all - you're invited to cast your vote in a very important Family Decision. A little background info first: We are the proud new owners of a Wii. As much as I despise gaming systems in general, I was actually the one who suggested getting a Wii "for the girls." I think they would have a blast with it. When I suggested it, I kind of meant it might be a good idea for the future - like in 3 years or so. But as soon as Quentin knew I might be okay getting one, he became obsessed. At his work, he gets points for performance that he can use toward merchandise. (That's how I got my Cuisinart food processor last year). He's racked up quite a few points and decided to use a few of them on this Wii - so it's free for us (yay!) He ordered it a few months ago and it just arrived yesterday. During the last few months, I have been trying to talk Quentin into saving it till Christmas. I mean, what a perfect gift from S-A-N-T-A, right? But when it came yesterday, he opened it up and went to Game Stop to look for games. Woah. (P.S. The girls don't know about it and it's hiding right now). So now here's your part - you've got to let us know your vote. Should we wait and surprise the girls with it at Christmas? Or should we let them open it now and enjoy it this summer?? Thanks for your help - I'll keep you posted as to the votes and the final decision!









7 comments:
After knowing Quentin all these many (14?) years...I KNOW he can't wait to give surprises.
So it won't matter what we vote, I think HE will win!!!
Can I come over and play?
I think I'm in favor of Santa. Enjoy your summer outside, maybe? Save the games for when you really can't go out. Just my opinion. :)
I vote for now. We have a Wii and play it on rainy days and Saturdays. It's a good way to bribe the kids, and I love playing it too (it is a great form of exercise also if you get into it).
You can always get different Wii games from Santa- like guitar hero.
Good luck in your decision
Jolene
OOHHH that is tough!! I am going with the Santa thing. WHY? Because it is summer and they should be outside playing and then you are going to have to do a "earn your wii time" bribe that ends up being a lot of work and causing a lot of arguments. Save it for winter when your inside ready to scream. PLUS, when Christmas comes around you will be wondering what to get the girls and the Wii is an awesome gift from Santa. We honestly haven't played ours for awhile since the kids just want to be outside.
Wow! I didn't really have an opinion until I read everyone else's. I think my vote would be to wait until Christmas, but Jolene does have a good point. Good luck! By the way, Minetta does remember you. She has read your blog (even before I got her to start her own). Apparently she's just not good at commenting. I have yet to see one anyway!
NOW! How can you possibly wait? By Christmas it will be old tecnology. Do you really want S.A.N.T.A. delivering old technology?
Hi Stephens'!!! I say...why waste 6 months of memory-creating fun with the family?!
I don't have one but I imagine we'd have more "family" time if we did. My kids could virtually fight, I mean, COMPETE instead of the real thing, that would be the BEST!!!
Post a Comment