%5B1%5D.jpg)
I'm in shock.... I had an appointment with the bishopric last night. I knew what was coming - a new calling - but I was not nervous at all. I mean, I have a 10-month-old baby. It couldn't be that bad, right? Well, I got the biggest calling I've had in my life: First Counselor in the Primary Presidency. Woah. I thought they were kidding. When I expressed concern about Kasidee, they told me that I would have lots of support from Quentin as well as the other members of the Primary Presidency. They said my family comes first - ALWAYS - and that I should do what I can. If there is something I feel like I can't do, the Presidency will totally understand - because my girls should come first. After the initial shock, I have felt at peace with it. This will be good. And you can call it coincidence, but lately I have kind of felt like something would be happening in our lives to "mix it up." We've had a lot of changes in the last year or so and have felt rather grateful that we are done with the whole selling and moving thing and that our lives are finally settled. Well, I guess life really never is constant, right? There's always something for us to do, to learn, to change. This will be good.









4 comments:
Oh what a perfect calling for you. How exciting. Yes life is never constand and never just mellow, dangit!! I think you will be surprised how much you will be able to handle while you are serving in such a meaningful calling. Heavenly Father will help you all the way and make it so you don't feel overwhelmed, there I think I just shared my testimony!!
Kellie,
Good thing for blogging because we never do get all of the important news into one phone conversation. I'm only sorry I didn't know to congratulate you early today when we spoke. Knowing who you are and how organized you are...this will be great for you. They are lucky to have you on their team.
PS -I hope we won't pass on too much stress to you or others with all of our house business. And yes you're lucky to be "settled".
I hear ya. When my 5th baby was two months old, my husband was called to the bishopric and I was called to be the primary chorister. I bawled my eyes out for 20 minutes. It's still hard to juggle with a baby but I LOVE that I go to primary with all five of my kids. It's fun and I now LOVE my calling. You are going to be awesome!!
Kellie, you will be wonderful in this calling....and yes, it will be great to be with your girls in this position.
I have to tell the joke on you for all your fellow bloggers.
When Kel was about 3 or 4, she asked me if she was a Mormon or a Cadillac??!!!
I'm ready to babysit anytime you and Quentin have "too many meetings!"
I'm very proud of you guys!
Post a Comment