
Last week I did a post about the "Play Day with Granny" coupons that my mom sent to Kiera and Makenna. Well, you would have thought it was Christmas the way the girls have been talking about them. We decided that today would be a good day, and my mom encouraged me to let them stay as long as possible. So I dropped the girls off at 11:30, then Kasidee and I shopped at Costco, puttered at home, and then I scrapbooked while Kasidee either slept or played near me on the floor! Yahoo! I never realized having just one to look after was so easy (I wish I had realized this when Kiera was a baby). Anyway, I'm so psyched - in just over 3 hours I was able to finish 17 scrapbook pages (I have a quick way of slapping pictures and journaling and stickers on a page - it's the only way I can keep up). So now I have our family scrapbook caught up (well, at least through the end of March). My goal is to have each of the girls' individual scrapbooks and the family scrapbook updated by their birthdays each year. Anyway, I'm going off on a tangent. When Quentin got home from work, he offered to pick up the girls at my mom's, AND he took Kasidee with him! So I have been home ALONE for a couple of hours! I just can't tell you how wonderful this break has been! It's kind of sad when you look forward to getting rid of everyone for just a little while so you can have time to yourself - but hey, it sure makes ya appreciate it when they get back home, right? I mean, I have really missed my girls today, and it makes me sad to realize that when Kiera starts first grade and Makenna starts preschool this Fall, Kasidee and I will be "alone together" quite a bit. This break has been nice, but I can't wait to have my girls (and my Quentin) back home! Thank you SOOOOO much, Mom and Quentin!









3 comments:
It was MY pleasure to have these sweethearts for the day....
We had so much fun!
And......HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
Wow Kellie! That sounds like a fabulous day - especially 17 pages... I'm impressed! I'm lucky if I get ONE page done in a day. I think I need to change my scrapping technique. I want to see too, so maybe I can track you down for a play date or something!
Some people are so LUCKY!!! to have such wonderful and willing help.
Post a Comment