Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I'm Addicted


(Again, this picture has nothing to do with what I'm about to write - but hey, who can resist looking at those cute Makenna cheeks?)

Okay. I'm ready to confess.... I think this whole blog thing is starting to become a little addictive. I find myself obsessing about which pictures to post, what I could write, just lots of ideas floating through my head throughout the day. And I spend an inordinate amount of time cruising through other blogs and feel utterly discouraged when I don't see any new posts. This new "blog world" which was so new and intimidating not too long ago is quickly becoming exciting and invigorating to me. I mean, who would have imagined just a few years ago that mere "normal people" could have their very own websites - and for free?! That's pretty dang cool if you ask me. And what an awesome way to keep in touch with people we know and love but don't see or talk to very often. Just way too cool. And here's another thing. I just found out from Jen that on www.blurb.com you can actually "slurp your blog into a real book" (their words). How cool is that? I checked it out and, sure enough, for about 12 bucks (and up, of course) you can have a cute little printed version of your blog to set on your coffee table! (Oooh, and what a perfect gift for computer-challenged great-grandparents!) Anyway, I just had to admit that I'm loving this blogging thing. I hope you readers don't get too sick of me.

4 comments:

Jolene said...

Kellie,
I do remember you from high school, and I'm glad you found my blog. Like you, I am totally addicted to this whole blogging thing and spend way too much time reading up on everyone's lives. Good to hear everything is going well for you and your family. Feel free to visit my blog anytime and keep in touch.
Jolene

The Colby's said...

I have to agree about it being addictive!! But it is great to be able to know what's going on in everyones lives. It helps us feel like we don't live so far away. And thnks for the info on the blog-book. I read about that somewhere, but never found out who did it! Keep up the blogging!!!!!

Me - Jen said...

Welcome to the unproductive life of a blogger. Now you won't get anything done. One blogger (nikki's friend) is challenging herself to not looking at posting or doing anything with blogs, that is huge. Great Grandma looks cute, it sounded like a nice night!

The Stansbury Stephens said...

I checked Jen Y.'s blog and she said she was going to stay away, but her following post was the next day. Maybe it didn't last. It's hard to keep away from all of the fun updates. I just wish I was more consistent with the posting part. Ah, someday...for right now I'm a better mom if I don't do much with the computer.