Monday, February 18, 2008

Tooth Fairy Continued....


(Just so you know, this picture has nothing to do with what I am writing about, but I just had to post this cute pic of my 3 girls).
Anyway, I'm sure you're probably tired of hearing about the Tooth Fairy at our house - but I can't resist telling this story. As you may recall, when Kiera's second tooth came out a couple of weeks ago, she decided she wanted to keep it and not give it to the Tooth Fairy. I couldn't argue - it certainly made my job easier. We decided to put it in her special "tooth" box and keep it safe in her drawer. Well, about a week later (WITHOUT ME KNOWING), she put it under her pillow so the Tooth Fairy could take it. When she woke up and saw her tooth still sitting there, she was "in despair." Oh boy - how to get out of this one...? I pretended like I couldn't figure out why the Tooth Fairy didn't visit her and take her tooth. Kiera said, "Hmmm. Maybe she got caught in traffic. Or wait, I know why she didn't come - it's because I never fell asleep because I was so excited for her to come." I could feel my heart breaking.... But she wasn't worried; she suggested we try again the next night. Sure enough, the next night, the Tooth Fairy came and left a 50-cent piece under her pillow. She was so excited, but what she did next totally amazed me. She put the coin under Makenna's pillow while Makenna was still asleep. When I asked her what she was doing she said, "Makenna doesn't have a coin from the Tooth Fairy - I wanted her to have this one." So sweet. Kiera's always thinking about others' feelings. (P.S. The story doesn't quite end there. In the night, I put Kiera's tooth in my cupboard until I could put it in my special hiding place. The next day, Kiera somehow saw it and couldn't believe it - she thought the Tooth Fairy left her tooth so Kiera could have it back since she knew Kiera didn't want to give it up in the first place! I guess we all won on this one!)

3 comments:

Me - Jen said...

Oh sweet story. Your girls are just so cute and good to one another. Do they ever fight, I haven't seen it!! You are pretty lucky. Your cover could have been blown after tooth number 2. Good thing you are creative.

la-dawn@juno.com said...

What a sweet picture and story.
Yes....Kiera is always looking out for others.
When we are all together, she makes sure EVERYONE has a treat, drink, napkin...etc.
I wonder where she gets it from, KELLIE???
Oh, how I love my Grand Girls!!!

The Colby's said...

Great story! What a sweet girl you have!! I love the picture, too!